SEPANG: The investigations into the downing of MH17 are likely to go on until the end of the year said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) now had a clearer picture of the cause of the tragedy.
"They are scrutinising and investigating all possible scenarios in detail," he said during a memorial to mark the first anniversary of the tragedy at the Bunga Raya Complex, KLIA on Saturday.
He added the criminal investingation into the crash in Ukraine was still on going to ensure those responsible will face justice.
He added that all possible ways to prosecute those responsible are being considered.
But Najib also said they are not pointing fingers at anyone until there was clear evidence.
As for the technical investigations, he said the Dutch Safety Board (DSB) is expected to publish their final report in early Oct (2015).
Najib said Malaysia was committed in the probe and was co-operating in both the criminal and technical investigations to get the truth for the sake of families and friends of victims.
Some 1,000 people, including the next-of-kin, foreign dignitaries, ministers and Malaysia Airlines management and crew attended the memorial.Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down over the conflict-riddled eastern Ukraine en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam on July 17 last year killing all 298 passengers and crew on board.
Did you find this article insightful?