BALIK PULAU: A Penang National Park patrolman who was on duty when the 'naked sports' took place in Teluk Kampi here is under domestic investigation.
The park management committee member Datuk Shah Headan Ayoob Hussain said they were still waiting for a report from the man for not informing the management over the indecent acts taking place on May 31.
He, however, did not reveal whether the patrolman had been suspended pending investigation.
Shah Headan said initial probe found that the patrolman had issued repeated reminders to the nudists that they were not allowed to strip in the beach.
“But they did not heed the patrolman’s advice. We are now investigating the patrolman on why did not inform us over the nude event.
“He could be threatened or ridiculed by the group over this … that’s why he dared not report the incident.
“But we will investigate. As far as we are concerned, he has no authority to take action against the group of people. He can only advise,” he said during a press conference at the Penang National Park office today.
It was earlier reported that 15 so-called 'naturists', including six women, were filmed taking part in nude events at a beach in Teluk Bahang, Penang.
The five-minute video showed them in the nude participating in activities such as body painting, a relay race, a group crab-walk and a Gangnam Style dance with one woman riding a man who was on all fours like a horse.
Labelled “Penang Nude Sports Games 2014”, the video was allegedly shot at Teluk Kampi, which is touted as the longest beach at the Penang National Park.