Missing MAS flight: Last point of contact was east of Kota Baru


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 08 Mar 2014

BREAKING NEWS:

SEPANG: Malaysia Airlines says the last point of contact with flight MH370 was approximately 120 nautical miles east of Kota Baru at the South China Sea.

MAS group chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said a search and rescue mission had been launched in the area the aircraft lost contact.

 

“We have contacted both the Malaysian and Vietnamese authorities as it is actually the borderline of Malaysian airspace and Vietnam control‎,” he told reporters at a press conference on Saturday.

 

When asked about speculation that the plane had landed in another airport in China, Ahmad Jauhari said MAS was working with the authorities to verify the news.

“That‎ is speculation we have to confirm. So far we have not received any confirmation that the plane has landed,” he said.

 

Earlier on Saturday, Malaysian Airlines confirmed that their flight which was to arrive in Beijing at 6.30am on Saturday morning lost all contact with the Subang Air Traffic Control.

MH370 which operated on the B777-200 aircraft departed from Kuala Lumpur at 12.40 am on the same day but lost contact with the control room at around 2.40am.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Missing flight , MH370 , MAS

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Respect the King's decision to declare an Emergency, urges MCA Youth
Smuggled liquor worth over RM100,000 seized in Gelang Patah
Subang cops bust two brothels after public tip-offs
Cops raid online gambling centres in condo, four arrested
Transport Minister: Public transport overcrowding unlikely as ridership is down during MCO
Melaka cops urge witnesses of puppy-culling incident to come forward
Election Court in Sabah dismisses two petitions filed over 2020 state polls results
Masidi: Too early to judge effectiveness of MCO, clearer picture in two weeks
Zahid gets tested for Covid-19
CM: Penang awaiting word from Nadma on two new low-risk Covid-19 centres

Stories You'll Enjoy