More impetus for Masteel-KUB inter-city rail


  • Business
  • Wednesday, 25 Nov 2015

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Steel Works (KL) Bhd and KUB Malaysia Bhd’s proposed inter-city rail transit project received an added impetus when the joint venture presented the plan for the proposed train depot and other assets as required by the Transport Ministry.

It said on Wednesday the JV company, Metropolitan Commuter Network Sdn Bhd, had recently met Perbadanan  Aset Keretapi's senior management to present the company's town planning scheme for the Kempas land.

It said the Kempas land was earmarked for the construction of the proposed commuter train depot and other assets as required by the ministry.

In June 2011, both companies had inked an MoU to set up the JV to undertake the rail transit network project in the Iskandar Development Region. The 100-km rail line costing RM1.23bil will link Iskandar to Woodlands in Singapore.

Masteel will hold a 60% stake in the JV and KUB the remaining 40%.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Business News

CPO futures trading to remain range bound next week
Advisory panel unanimously recommends FDA authorize Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine
GameStop rally fizzles; shares still register 151% weekly gain
NYSE begins move to delist Chinese state oil producer CNOOC
Oil price drops on US$ strength and OPEC+ supply expectations
GLOBAL MARKETS-Globals stock slide on inflation fears
AMMB says it has enough capital to absorb 1MDB global settlement�
A five-year high for FGV Holdings
AMMB to pay RM2.83bil to the government
IHH to take proactive measures

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers