Isola di Burano, Venice, Italy. – Photos from TripAdvisor
Nothing brightens one's day as flashes of colour. TripAdvisor traverses the globe to suss out choice spots that have an amazing colour palette.
HERE’S places that boast a kaleidoscope of colours with TripAdvisor traveller comments in no particular order.
1. Isola di Burano, Venice, Italy – “The shops are awesome, the restaurants are adorable, but best of all is the colour. Colour, colour everywhere.”
2. Keukenhof, Lisse, the Netherlands – “Colourfully arranged landscape made with various types of tulips. ... So far, we couldn’t find any place as beautiful.”
3. Nyhavn, Copenhagen, Denmark – “Colourful buildings and cafes line the canal and offer a view of what life must have been long ago.”
4. Marrakech Souk, Marrakech, Morocco – “Everything you could wish for in lots of little shops. ... It was so colourful and there were so many beautiful things....”
5. Guell Park, Barcelona, Spain – “Enchanting place full of nice architecture and extraordinary mosaics and gardens. Reminds me of Dr. Seuss books.”
6. Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan – “The area has an electric feel to it. Music fills the streets and there're lots of people. … The bright lights fill up the sky. Just lovely!”
7. Las Vegas, Nevada, United States – “It’s a must for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. ... Very colorful night lights from all the casinos.”
8. Punda, Willemstad, Curacao, Caribbean – “Apart from being an historic city, like Amsterdam in the tropics, Punda is so full of joyful colours.”
9. Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil – “The old and colourful houses are really amazing! Lots of stores, restaurants and galleries.”
10. Portmeirion Village, Portmeirion, Wales – “Wore the camera out with so many photos of the quirky and colourful buildings.” – TripAdvisor