Home > Archives
Thursday September 20, 2012
LONDON: Britain’s Olympic medallist diver Tom Daley has issued a “come and get me” plea to television producers and film directors.
The 18-year-old famously requested a re-dive during the final of the men’s individual 10m platform at the London Olympics last month after he was distracted by camera flashes as he performed a crucial dive.
But he says the bright lights of Hollywood would suit him just fine, although the photogenic teenager insists he intends to compete at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Speaking before a homecoming parade in his home city of Plymouth, southwest England, to celebrate his bronze medal, Daley said: “At the moment I am studying but I would like to become a TV presenter or something along those lines.
“Film work, I’d love to do anything like that. I would love to try anything new really, be it star in a film or playing a small little part in something like that, that would be pretty cool.
“I am using these subjects to maybe get me into university, some sort of degree.
“I don’t really know what I want to do yet but I will be thinking about that over the next year.
“I enjoy doing the media work, it is something I would enjoy going into in the future... maybe producing or being the presenter.”
Daley has already joined the celebrity guest list, being pictured recently at the wedding of British actor and comedian James Corden alongside famous faces including singer Kylie Minogue.
In London, Daley finished behind American winner David Boudia and China’s Qiu Bo, who was one of the rare Chinese failures as they dominated the diving events at the Games. — AFP
Access to popular porn website blocked
Dr M: Malays now have to beg
Questions over PT3
Cabbie drives through wall and plunges from multi-storey carpark
Perak cancels all New Year celebrations
Angry warning for JPJ officers
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)