Home > Archives
Friday December 28, 2012
THE controversial construction of a proposed 29-storey condominium project near the limestone hills in Batu Caves made headlines just as work was about to start and most of the units had been sold.
In view of the project’s close proximity to Batu Caves, a group of protestors objected to the project.
Even the Batu Caves temple committee had issued a notice of demand to the developer to stop the project.
According to The Star report titled “Stop work immediately,” copies of the notice had also been sent to the Selangor Mentri Besar’s office as well as to state executive councillors Dr Xavier Jayakumar, Ronnie Liu and Teresa Kok.
Liu stepped in and attended a meeting with the Batu Caves temple committee and the state issued a stop-work order to the developer.
Dr Xavier was not happy with Liu’s move.
He said: “The state should not give in to the request by the temple committee”.
He added that the approval of the condominium was done before 2008.
Registration for the high-rise property was recently opened on property websites.
It was advertised as a serviced residence located “a stone’s throw away” from Batu Caves and with a “panoramic view” of the natural rock formation site.
Sri Maha Mariamman Devasathanam
temple committee chairman Datuk R. Nadarajah said construction work would
pose danger to Batu Caves’ structures, including affecting the 42.7m statue of Lord Murugan.
Neighbours heard cries of children being beaten
RM1mil reward offer for information on Dr M's alleged misdeeds
Body of child found buried in kitchen
‘Wild’ party ends for 51 at popular mall
Money down the drain
Man killed after car smashes into toll booth barrier
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)