Home > Archives
Monday July 4, 2011
KUALA LUMPUR: The recent introduction of the Touch ’n Go card as a form of payment on board RapidKL buses has exceeded expectations and is fast becoming the most preferred choice of fare transaction.
Touch ’n Go Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Hasni Zarina Mohamed Khan said to date there were approximately 70% of bus commuters that were using the touch card system whilst the remaining 30% still preferred to pay their fares in cash.
In appreciation of its passengers, Hasni said RapidKL would be giving away prizes such as the iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab, movie tickets and Touch ’n Go reload vouchers beginning June 20 to September 20.
Winners will be notified weekly.
Implementation of the Touch ’n Go system in RapidKL buses, which allows for a more convenient payment system, is one of many improvements made to public transport experience in efforts to encourage more ridership under the Urban Public Transport (UPT) NKRA of GTP.
Neighbours heard cries of children being beaten
RM1mil reward offer for information on Dr M's alleged misdeeds
Body of child found buried in kitchen
‘Wild’ party ends for 51 at popular mall
Money down the drain
Man killed after car smashes into toll booth barrier
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)