Home > Archives
Tuesday January 18, 2011
By JASTIN AHMAD TARMIZI and SHAUN HO firstname.lastname@example.org Photos by SAMUEL ONG
CROWDS are still nowhere to be seen at the Integrated Transportation Terminal-Bandar Tasik Selatan (ITT-BTS) as only nine bus operators have relocated to the building.
Fifty-one bus operators are supposed to relocate to the new terminal from the temporary one in Bukit Jalil.
The new terminal was quiet and empty with only a few passengers waiting for buses.
It is also learnt that besides the south-bound routes, Taiping is the only destination for express buses heading north.
There has also been a lot of confusion because some travellers were told to change their tickets as the ones bought at the temporary bus terminal in Bukit Jalil cannot be used.
Nur Eimie Nadia Moh, who bought her ticket to Malacca at the Bukit Jalil terminal last week had to exchange her ticket for a new one.
Another passenger Sundaram Padiachee, who was also waiting to board the bus to Malacca, said there was not much information about the relocation and many were still confused.
“Many of us still go to Bukit Jalil as there are still some bus operators in Bukit Jalil and this is confusing the people.
“There should be more notices informing passengers on the relocation otherwise people will be confused,” he said.
Pan Malaysian Bus Operators Association president Datuk Ashfar Ali said most of the operators who had relocated to the new terminal were smaller companies without their own e-ticketing systems.
“The companies with their own ticketing systems will not be using the ITT-BTS system,
“Most of them are waiting for their own counters to be ready,” he said.
Initially, the terminal operator, Maju TMAS, had insisted that bus companies use its computerised ticketing system.
“We are also worried because some of the tickets have been sold months ahead before the relocation to the new terminal. This is causing some confusion and we do not want to have problems for travellers during the Chinese New Year period,” said Ashfar.
He said the RM1 ticket surcharge together with the operating cost of RM10 per entry and RM10 per exit for each bus imposed by Maju TMAS was also put on hold during the meeting.
“Maju TMAS has agreed in principle to lower the rates and give the bus operators more counters. We had a meeting on Friday, however, no decision has been made. We are still waiting for their decision this week.
“We hope that some sort of agreement can be made soon for the benefit of the bus operators and passengers,” said Ashfar.
Meanwhile, CVLB chairman Datuk Halimah Sadique said express bus operators serving the southern routes had been given until Jan 31 to shift to the new terminal. According to Halimah, the extension was given after discussions with bus operators.
“It is not easy to shift the operators and it will be done in two phases. she said,
Halimah said operators for KL to Malacca route were given until Jan 16 to shift, while those serving the KL- Johor Baru route will be given until Jan 31 to move.
Halimah said the main problem that hampered the move was the ticketing system which were being addressed.
Access to popular porn website blocked
Dr M: Malays now have to beg
Questions over PT3
Cabbie drives through wall and plunges from multi-storey carpark
Angry warning for JPJ officers
Briton killed in SMART Tunnel car crash
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)