Home > Archives
Thursday May 13, 2010
SHAH ALAM: Allegations of corrupt practices in state-owned sand mining company Kumpulan Semesta Sdn Bhd (KSSB) will be forwarded to the state government’s Select Committee on Competency, Accountability and Transparency (Selcat), Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim said.
Khalid said he hoped Selcat chairman Speaker Teng Chang Khim would act on the matter immediately so that a public hearing could be held.
“The state government is instructing all state civil servants and KSSB officials to give their full cooperation to Selcat,” Khalid told reporters after the weekly state exco meeting here yesterday.
Khalid said Selcat was the best platform to look into the allegations as it operated transparently and the facts and information provided would be made public.
He said Kumpulan Semesta chairman Abdul Shukor Nahor had been instructed to answer all questions pertaining to the allegations.
He said he had also asked Kapar MP S. Manikavasagam, who had made the allegations earlier, to lodge a police report so that the police would also investigate the matter.
Khalid said Manikavasagam should have first approached the state government and made a police report before making the issue public.
DAP Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo, when contacted, said the complainants met him between February and March after which he took the matter up with state exco member Ronnie Liu, who holds the local council portfolio.
Wangsa Maju MP Wee Choo Keong, in his blog, called on Khalid to make public all action taken in response to the allegations.
Khalid should also reveal which exco member was in charge of sand mining in the state, he said, adding that the scandal involving Kumpulan Semesta was an “open secret”.
Wee also questioned DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang’s silence on the issue.
“Perhaps those little Napoleons in PR would like such a scandal in its administration covered up in the hope that all will be well.”
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)