Home > Archives
Thursday November 4, 2010
By STUART MICHAEL firstname.lastname@example.org
SETTLERS in Bukit Botak, Selayang will get their houses after 25 years of waiting.
Earthworks began this week and settlers are expected to be able to move into their new houses within the next two years.
The Star highlighted the controversial Bukit Botak squatter resettlement issue on May 8 last year.
It was revealed that out of the 1,364 settlers to be allocated with land lots, 81 were below 18-years-old.
It was also claimed grassroots politicians and outsiders were given lots too.
However, all the 1,422 lots were adjusted accordingly, after the Gombak Land Office staff interviewed the settlers last year and rectified the issue.
At the ground-breaking ceremony on Monday, Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim assured the settlers that they would have their houses soon.
“The Bukit Botak folks are lucky to be able to buy semi-detached houses in the Klang Valley at RM99,000,” he said.
He said there had been a lot of rumours circling among the settlers about the project.
“These are only rumours. We are carrying out this ground-breaking ceremony today to reassure the settlers that the project is going ahead.
“The Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) has taken the responsibility of building the houses here.
“And if the settlers do not want the house, PKNS will buy the houses from these settlers at RM170,000,” he said, adding that PKNS would also build a playground and surau in the surrounding area.
Each house has three rooms with two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living area.
Asked about Delpuri Corporation Sdn Bhd’s deal with PKNS, Khalid said it was null and void.
“That is in the past. Now, we want to ensure that Bukit Botak settlers get the houses they had been promised earlier.
“When the houses are about 20% to 30% completed, we will call the settlers for the drawing of lots,” he said.
Female Myvi driver arrested
Family of three killed on DUKE after collision with speeding car
Myvi club pledges to support orphaned sisters
We were not racing, claim Myvi club members
Najib’s brother Nazir explains his views on controversy over 1MDB issue
I was stupid, says ex-street racer
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)