Home > Archives
Published: Thursday September 17, 2009 MYT 3:06:00 PMUpdated: Thursday September 17, 2009 MYT 7:53:58 PM
Watch the video
PUTRAJAYA: A total of 41 statements has been recorded from witnesses to a brawl between two royal houses at two places in Kuala Lumpur on Oct 24 last year, Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail said on Thursday.
He said care and caution must be exercised in arriving at a just decision on charging any party.
“Therefore the investigation paper has to be thoroughly studied and I will not hesitate to announce my decision once it is done,” he said in a statement here, Bernama reported.
The investigation paper was first submitted to the AG’s Chambers on Nov 18 last year and, after being studied by his officers, was returned to the police on Dec 1 for further investigations, he said.
It was subsequently resubmitted to the prosecution’s office in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday and to him on Thursday, he said.
“Nevertheless, there have been ongoing advice and contact between the police and my officers,” he added.
He said he understood that there were attempts to resolve the matter amicably between the royal houses but this did not in any way stop police from carrying out the investigation and the Chambers “should and ought not to be used as a tool to facilitate any kind of settlement done privately.”
Earlier, at a news conference in KUALA LUMPUR, the son of the eldest princess of the Negri Sembilan household Tunku Nadzimuddin Tunku Mudzaffar expressed disappointment over the police’s “serious lack of affirmative action” in its investigations into his alleged assault by a member of the Johor royalty and his supposed bodyguards.
He said he was especially disappointed with the Criminal Investigations Department in Bukit Aman, as well as the investigators from the Dang Wangi Police Headquarters in Jalan Stadium and the City Police Headquarters in Jalan Hang Tuah here, LOH FOON FONG reports.
Tunku Nadzimuddin, an institutional clients manager for MAA KL Mutual Bhd, claimed that in the early hours of Oct 25 last year, Johor Raja Muda (Regent) Tunku Ismail Idris Abdul Majid Abu Bakar and his men had assaulted him and his friends for “unknown reasons.”
He said a gun was held to his head while the alleged assault took place.
“I was hit in my head and face. I suffered a fracture on my nose and sustained other serious injuries,” he said.
Tunku Nadzimuddin lodged a police report on the incident at the Dang Wangi police station the next day, Oct 26.
He said the police had given an assurance that an investigation would be carried out without fear or favour. He was further assured that no one was above the law and the assailants would be produced in court to face charges.
“Much to my dismay, more than 11 months after the incident, neither Tunku Ismail Idris nor have any of his (supposed) bodyguards been produced in court to face charges.
“Neither has he been charged for abduction or unlawful confinement,” he said at a a press conference here on Thursday.
Tunku Nadzimuddin said he was at a club called Heritage Mansion with his then girlfriend, who is now his wife, to meet with his friends on Oct 25 last year.
He said while he was there, he was assaulted by several persons who claimed to be the bodyguards of the Raja Muda of Johor, Tunku Ismail.
He said he left the place when he was contacted by a person who claimed to be Tunku Ismail.
Tunku Nadzimuddin claimed that the other party wanted to apologise to him over the incident and asked him to go to Crowne Plaza Hotel in Jalan Sultan Ismail here.
“I went there with my girlfriend and my friends, including those who were injured.
“We waited at the lobby and the person who contacted me earlier appeared and asked me to follow him.
“Suddenly, some of us were forced into the lift while others were held by force at the lobby,” he claimed.
Tunku Nadzimuddin claimed that once in the lift, Tunku Ismail, who was armed with a gun, hit him on the head and face repeatedly.
“He also held a gun in a threatening manner at my head; my friend who was also in the lift with me was assaulted until he lost consciousness,” he alleged.
The lift stopped on the 25th floor and they were forced into a room. His unconscious friend was dragged into the room and left unconscious on the floor, Tunku Nadzimuddin said.
Access to popular porn website blocked
Dr M: Malays now have to beg
Questions over PT3
Cabbie drives through wall and plunges from multi-storey carpark
Perak cancels all New Year celebrations
Angry warning for JPJ officers
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)