Home > Archives
Monday June 30, 2008 MYT 9:43:03 PM
By IZATUN SHARI
KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has denied any involvement in the sodomy allegation against Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
“I am not involved in the case in any way,” the Deputy Prime Minister told reporters at Parliament lobby here on Monday.
On Saturday, Anwar's former aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan had lodged a police report alleging he had been sodomised by the PKR de facto leader.
A day later, Parti Keadilan Rakyat president Datin Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ismail released a picture of Najib's special officer Khairil Anas Yusof with Mohd Saiful at the Deputy Prime Minister’s office, implying that he was behind the conspiracy against Anwar.
Najib said the picture was taken three months ago when Mohd Saiful went to his office to apply a for government scholarship.
“The accuser (Mohd Saiful) met with my officer (Khairil Anas) because he wanted to apply for a scholarship from the Government. The picture was taken three months ago.
“He was a student leader and met with my officer. He had also met other leaders.
"The main question is did the act take place. That is for the police to establish,” Najib said.
Petaling Street ‘stripper’ tests positive for meth
Family of three killed on DUKE after collision with speeding car
Woman strips to avoid paying for meal
Najib’s brother Nazir explains his views on controversy over 1MDB issue
Cordyceps the culprit
Sources: Eight-month ban for Chong Wei
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)