Home > Archives
Tuesday March 18, 2008
By SIRA HABIBU and EMBUN MAJID
ALOR STAR: Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid will hold a press conference today to clear the air over the missing official documents from the offices of the Kedah Mentri Besar and state executive councillors.
The former Kedah Mentri Besar said the documents should be with government officers.
I do not know what happened, he said, adding that the deputy directors of the various government departments should have copies of the official documents.
Mahdzir said this when asked to comment on the PAS-led state governments allegation that the offices were found to be void of documents by the new Mentri Besar Azizan Abdul Razak and his state executive councillors after they were sworn in last week.
He is checking the number and type of files that are missing. We need these documents to check the progress of development projects in the state, he told a press conference yesterday.
Azizan also briefed Kedah police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Syed Ismail Syed Azizan on the matter yesterday.
Asked if the state government would report the case to the Anti-Corruption Agency, Azizan said it would depend on the findings of the investigation.
Phahrolrazi said classified documents should remain in the offices of the Mentri Besar and state executive councillors.
I am calling the former Mentri Besars confidential secretary and personal assistant for questioning.
I am also calling the councillors personal assistants and assistant secretaries who handle executive council matters to find out who took the documents out of the offices, he said.
At another press conference, Azizan said he would review the allowances and special privileges given to the Mentri Besar and executive councillors to decide whether there should be a cut.
Azizan said the state government would implement the agenda listed in PAS manifesto in stages. The first on the list would be quit rent rebates.
The state executive council members would discus the matter soon, he said.
Female Myvi driver arrested
Family of three killed on DUKE after collision with speeding car
Myvi club pledges to support orphaned sisters
Two Myvi drivers in DUKE accident out on bail
Purported clip of racing Myvis surfaces on social media
Najib’s brother Nazir explains his views on controversy over 1MDB issue
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)