Home > Archives
Thursday May 24, 2007
ISTANA Anak Bukit in Alor Star, Kedah, is getting a facelift in conjunction with the 50th anniversary celebration of the reign of the Sultan of Kedah next year.
The RM70mil project, which took off in February last year, will be completed by Octo-ber this year.
Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said the new building would house the audience and dining halls which could accommodate 1,400 people at any one time.
“The building will replace the existing audience and dining halls which can hold fewer than 1,000 people,” he told newsmen after visiting the construction site recently .
Mahdzir said the project undertaken by Bina Darulaman Sdn Bhd also included the cons-truction of a new parking area and landscaping of the palace.
Sultan Kedah Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah ascended the throne in 1958 when his father the late Sultan Badlishah passed away.
He was officially installed as the 27th Sultan of Kedah on Feb 20, 1959.
Access to popular porn website blocked
Dr M: Malays now have to beg
Questions over PT3
Cabbie drives through wall and plunges from multi-storey carpark
Perak cancels all New Year celebrations
Angry warning for JPJ officers
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)