Home > Archives
Thursday May 10, 2012
INTEGRATED communications service provider Maxis Bhd recently launched business mobility solutions developed in partnership with nine independent software vendors (ISVs).
The mobility solutions comprise products for enterprises to manage their costs and resources more effectively, increase productivity and improve business processes through a wide range of mobile applications.
They include Mobile Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Field Service Automation, Fleet Management, Mobile Device Management and Telemetry Services.
Maxis senior vice-president and enterprise and government business head Fitri Abdullah said, “With the convergence of integrated communications and IT services like cloud computing and datacentre services, we are able to deliver services and tools that will deliver solutions for today and the future.”
The nine ISVs, who have affiliations with international ICT companies, are Asterisk Business Systems Sdn Bhd, Mason Technologies Sdn Bhd, V-Work Sdn Bhd, Compurex Corp (M) Sdn, Bhd, Infindo Technology Sdn Bhd, Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd, EMI Solutions Sdn Bhd, Agile Matrix Solutions Sdn Bhd and I-Power Bhd.
“Through these partnerships, Maxis is providing businesses of all sizes with a mobility eco-system,” Fitri said.
Maxis provides end-to-end solutions to customers that encompass everything from the home, office, and fixed-line or mobile access to interactive content, services and applications, machine-to-machine applications and cloud computing.
Maxis’ business mobility solutions enhances this by offering advanced services that will add value to businesses.
These services include:
• Mobile CRM — A system that allows businesses to manage their customers in various ways direct from their mobile devices. They will be able to access relevant information at all times, which will help improve efficiency and productivity;
• Field Service Automation — A service that allows remote workers to work with all the relevant information electronically rather than on paper. This cuts the need for customers to constantly travel back and forth for information, hence saving time and money;
• Fleet Management — This service includes vehicle tracking and navigational tools, as well as real-time dispatching and status of pickups and deliveries;
• Mobile Device Management — This gives businesses the ability to pro-actively administer and secure multiple devices. This service will help keep all personnel synchronised, while protecting important files; and
• Telemetry Services — Telemetry services comprise several measuring, monitoring and recording instruments that collect real-time data. The information is then made available through mobile devices, allowing users to make quick decisions and take immediate action, resulting in improved efficiency.
Maxis is already working closely with SMEs in Malaysia by sharing communication and technological tools that are relevant to their businesses.
To-date, it has successfully launched and implemented Managed M2M services, the country’s first managed wireless machine-to-machine service that allows direct wireless communication between two machines, and Maxis Unity Solutions, Malaysia’s first mobile unified communications service available for SMEs.
Last month, Maxis also launched Built for SME Retail, the first integrated solution specifically for retail SMEs, where customers can access a whole range of products and services such as hosted fixed voice options for SMEs, Internet fibre broadband, pay-as-you-go conferencing services, CCTV, and POS and ERP solutions running on the Maxis’ cloud computing infrastructure.
Dr M: Najib was my hope, but he broke his promise
Ex-teacher opens up about 1996 sex scandal with 13-year-old student
Singaporeans rush for Ringgit as its dollar hits new high
All dolled up: China sex toys play for real
First LRT project in Penang next year
Elderly man left homeless after property transfer
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)