X Close

Archives

Friday January 4, 2013

Two-horse race in battle for Force India second seat

LONDON: The battle for the prized second seat at Force India has become a two-horse race between Jules Bianchi and Adrian Sutil (pic).

It means the other two contenders, former Toro Rosso team-mates Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari, have been eliminated.

Bianchi, 23, was Force India’s reserve driver last year but is also a member of the Ferrari Academy.

One theory is that the Frenchman is in pole position for the ride as Force India may switch engine suppliers from Mercedes to Ferrari in the future.

Sutil, 29, drove for Silverstone-based Force India for four years until the end of 2011 but is pushing hard for a comeback.

According to reports in Buemi’s native Switzerland, he has been told he is no longer in contention for the 2013 drive alongside Brit Paul di Resta.

He will now focus on maintaining his role as reserve to Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber at Red Bull.

Spaniard Alguersuari is thought to be heading to BMW to drive in the Germany-based DTM series for hi-tech touring cars. — The Sun, London

advertisement

  1. I’m happy to be alive, says MH192 passenger
  2. MH192 lands safely in KLIA
  3. Malaysia Airlines’ statement on MH192 which was forced to make a turn back
  4. MAS flight bound for Bangalore makes turn back
  5. Karpal Singh cremated after emotional farewell
  6. Karpal Singh’s final journey, thousands bid farewell
  7. Penang mourns passing of Karpal Singh, says Guan Eng in eulogy
  8. Karpal Singh: Photo Gallery
  9. Storify: The Tiger sleeps today
  10. Karpal, my hometown hero

advertisement

advertisement