Home > Archives
Published: Monday December 31, 2012 MYT 8:55:00 AMUpdated: Monday December 31, 2012 MYT 11:29:45 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks drop, dollar up as 'cliff' deadline looms
SE Asia Stocks--Most end strong 2012 on high note
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin launches Malaysia Christmas Open House 2012 at Dataran Merdeka. -- 4.45 pm (0845 GMT
* Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin launches New Year's Eve celebration 2013 at Dataran Merdeka. -- 11.30 pm (0330 GMT)
> Nikkei logs best annual gain in 7 years on 'Abe trade' > US STOCKS-Equity futures rise, but 'cliff' stalemate suggests more losses
> TREASURIES-Prices gain for a third day on fiscal deal doubts > FOREX--Dollar edges higher on uncertainty about fiscal
> PRECIOUS-Gold edges up, on track for 12th annual gain > Oil slips as US fuel stocks rise, budget worries linger
> Palm hits highest since early Nov, up for 2nd week
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> US industry presses for duties on shrimp from seven countries
> Malaysia Airports sells Islamic notes worth 600 mln ringgit
> Malaysia's November broad money up 10.7 pct on year-c.bank - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Dec 31(Monday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures touched a near two-month high on Friday, posting a second straight weekly gain as traders expect record stocks in the world's No.2 producer to ease on lower production and higher shipments.
* Chicago wheat edged down on Monday as the absence of a deal to avert a U.S. "fiscal cliff" even as the deadline draws near hurt prices, although strong export demand is expected to check losses.
* Oil prices settled lower on Friday after U.S. data showed a sharp rise in gasoline inventories and as investors worried that U.S. budget negotiators may not reach a deal in time to avert a fiscal crisis that could erode oil demand.
* World stocks declined, the dollar gained and U.S. shares fell for a fifth day on Friday as the White House and U.S. lawmakers closed in on the "fiscal cliff" deadline with no deal in place.
* Commodities ended broadly lower in nervous trading on Friday as traders and investors followed last-ditch attempts by U.S. politicians to resolve a fiscal crisis before the year-end.
> US Senate, House ag committees in deal to avert milk price spike
>Storms on U.S. Plains stir memories of the "Dust Bowl" - Reuters
DATA/EVENTS > ADVISORY-Chicago markets announce Christmas, New Year's hours > Malaysian palm oil markets closed on and New Year > Cargo surveyors to publish December exports data on Monday. Vegetable oils -- Malaysian palm oil exports -- CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:> CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:> Indian solvent -- Weekly Indian vegetable oils -- Dalian Commodity Exchange -- Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:> Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:> Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:> European edible oil prices/trade
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)