Home > Archives
Published: Monday November 19, 2012 MYT 8:43:00 AMUpdated: Monday November 19, 2012 MYT 9:03:15 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares rise on positive US tone, yen slips
SE Asia Stocks-Thailand recovers; others mixed as global concerns weigh
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Capital Asia Group Malaysia press conference on crude oil investment opportunities at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 1000am (0200).
* Dewan Negara president Abu Zahar Ujang receives courtesy call from the Philippines Ambassador to Malaysia J. Eduardo Malaya at Parliament Building, at 1100am (0300).
* The 10th Anniversary of the India-Asean Summit Partnership and the 20th Anniversary of the India-Asean Dialogue Partnership press conference at 'India
House' (High Commission of India), off Persiaran Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 1900pm (1100).
> Nikkei jumps to 2-mth high on new govt expectations
> Washington's positive tone cheers Wall St for a day
> Bonds rise on U.S. budget talks, Israel worries
> Yen steadier after hammering, still fragile
> Gold down for week on recession, fiscal crisis fears
> Oil rises on Middle East conflict, Gulf of Mexico fire
> Palm oil edges down as slowing exports weigh
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Southeast Asia calls for talks with China on sea dispute
> SE Asia to adopt human rights platform; condemned by activists
> Clinton says budget deal critical to US global role, security
> Soccer-Butler and Boateng to join T-Team in Malaysia
> Canada needs foreign capital, policy talks ongoing-finmin
> Malaysia Q3 GDP grows a robust 5.2 pct, powered by investment
> Malaysia's Q3 C/A surplus narrows to 9.5 bln ringgit
> Petronas submits modified bid for Progress Energy-source. - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia(Monday)
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS:
MONDAY, NOV 19
* KUALA LUMPUR - Asian Institute Finance Board Member and AmBank Group chairman Azman Hashim opens Asian Finance Forum 2012 at The Royale Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein attends mass circumcision ceremony for Batu constituency at the DBKL Community Hall, Taman Koperasi Polis Fasa 2, No 9, Jalan 28/10, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
PETALING JAYA - Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water, Peter Chin Fah Kui at Siemen Malaysia launch of SieMyCity: Build Your Ideal KL competition at The Royale Bintang Damansara, Petaling Jaya at 0900am (0100).
PETALING JAYA - Capital Asia Group Malaysia press conference on crude oil investment opportunities at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Pos Malaysia Bhd launches Stamp Week 2012 at AEON AU2 Setiawangsa, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
KUALA LUMPUR - Kejuruteraan Samudra Timur Bhd holds EGM at Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club, Off Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Partner at Roland Berger Markus Boehme shares latest outlook of investment banking industry, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants at Menara Standard Chartered, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Dewan Negara president Abu Zahar Ujang receives courtesy call from the Philippines Ambassador to Malaysia J. Eduardo Malaya at Parliament Building, Kuala Lumpur at 1100am (0300).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Jamil Khir Baharom officiates the nationwide SMAN and SMAR principals conference and hands over a contribution from the Federal Territories mosques' collection to the Rohingya community at the Dynasty Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1130am (0330).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Health Minister Liow Tiong Lai officiates the Health Ministry Management Conference 2012 at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1415pm (0615).
* KUALA LUMPUR - The 10th Anniversary of the India-Asean Summit Partnership and the 20th Anniversary of the India-Asean Dialogue Partnership press conference at 'India House' (High Commission of India), No 1, Lorong Duta Dua, off Persiaran Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 1900pm (1100).
*KUALA LUMPUR - The High Commission holds buffet dinner and cocktail at 'India House' Lorong Duta Dua, off Persiaran Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 1900pm (1100).
TUESDAY, NOV 20
* KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia-Japan collaboration seminar on 'Flood Disaster Prevention' at Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia, Km 7, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur at 0830am (0030).
PETALING JAYA - Mim-Kas Human Capital Management's forum on Creativity and Innovation Diving Business Sustainability at PJ Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 0900am (0100).
JOHOR BAHRU - Kuchai Development Bhd holds AGM at Johor Bahru Hotel, Rafflesia, Jalan Sungai Chat, Johor at 0900am (0100).
SUBANG JAYA - Malayan Banking (Maybank) and GlobalOne hold media conference on Maybank Junior Golf-Champions Academy at The Saujana Hotel, Subang Jaya at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Ekuiti Nasional Bhd launches its offshore support vessel group at The Icon, No 1 Jalan 1/68 off Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur at 1100am (0300).
KUALA LUMPUR - Manulife Asset Management Services Bhd launches PRS Nestegg series at The Gardens Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1500pm (0700).
WEDNESDAY, NOV 21
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Consumer Price Index at 1700pm (0900).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Dinner Reception in conjunction with Malaysia-Japan Collaboration Seminar on 'Flood Disaster Prevention' at Ambassador's Residence, No. 5, Jalan Langgak Golf, Kuala Lumpur at 1930pm (1130).
THURSDAY, NOV 22
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Nov 2012.
FRIDAY, NOV 30
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Money Supply data.
FRIDAY, DEC 7
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 30 Nov 2012 and Oct 2012 External Trade data.
TUESDAY, DEC 11
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Oct 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
FRIDAY, DEC 21
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec
TUESDAY, DEC 25
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Money Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Nov 19(Monday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets on Monday.
* Malaysian palm oil futures slipped on Friday, despite posting a weekly gain of close to 5 percent, as traders booked profits from a large increase in the
previous session, and slowing exports squeezed prices.
* U.S. soybean futures fell to a five-month low on Friday on word that China, the world's top importer of the oilseed, canceled orders, while wheat sank to a
* Oil rose on Friday as a fire on a Gulf of Mexico platform and the escalating conflict between Israel and Palestinians stoked supply concerns.
* Asian shares rose on Monday, boosted by a positive tone in U.S. equities last week, while the yen fell to a near seven-month low against the dollar on expectations a new government after next month's election in Japan may deliver more stimulus.
* U.S. soybean prices sank to a five-month low on Friday after word spread that China, the world's biggest oilseed importer, canceled orders, and oil futures moved higher on concern about supplies in the Middle East.
> U.S. ends antitrust probe of seed industry - Monsanto
> Despite severe drought, US farm income may hit record high
> Shipping curbs expected on drought-parched Miss. River
> Speculators slash long stakes in corn, soybeans
> China cancels 600,000 T US soy, adds pressure on prices
> Cargo surveyor Societe Generale de Surveillance will delay releasing Nov. 1-15 Malaysian palm oil exports data to Nov. 19.
> Cargo surveyors will release Malaysian palm exports data for Nov. 1-20 on Tuesday. - Reuters
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)