Home > Archives
Published: Wednesday November 14, 2012 MYT 8:30:00 AMUpdated: Wednesday November 14, 2012 MYT 8:36:57 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
US stocks slip on fiscal cliff woes; euro weakens
SE Asia Stocks-Thai stocks lead losses on the week
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* KUALA LUMPUR - Prime Minister Najib Razak receives courtesy call from chief executive officer (CEO) of Motorola Solution Greg Brown at Prime Minister's Office, Perdana Putra Building, Putrajaya at 1000am (0200), attends brainstorming session with youth leaders at Chawan, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur at 1015am (0215), and attends Yaasin and doa reciting to usher in Islamic new year (Moslem New Year) at National Mosque, Kuala Lumpur at 1800pm (1000)
* BAYAN LEPAS, PENANG - Opening of global solutions support centre and network operations centre at Motorola Solutions, Bayan Lepas, Technoplex Industrial Park, Bayan Lepas, Penang at 1430pm (0630)
> Nikkei edges up but US, Europe worries may cap gains
> Microsoft leads Wall St lower, but retailers gain
> Bonds rise on concern about U.S., Europe economies
> Euro slips vs yen, dollar on Greece, Spain concerns
> Palladium, platinum rally after report, gold flat
> Brent crude falls on demand concerns, fragile economies
> Palm rebounds from 3-year low as stocks rise below forecast
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Oil service titans gaining power vs Big oil
> Mission Newenergy says Malaysian unit served with winding up petition
> Malaysia's Petronas makes rare spot gasoline purchase
> Malaysia's Nov 1-10 palm oil exports up 22.4 pct. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Nov 14(Wednesday)
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The following factors are likely to
influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets on Wednesday.
* Malaysian palm oil futures recovered after falling to their lowest in three years on Monday, as a rise in Malaysian palm oil stocks in October missed market expectations and signalled a slowdown in inventory buildup.
* U.S.soybean futures rebounded from a 4-1/2-month low on Tuesday as bargain buying snapped a four-session slide that nearly erased gains from this summer's
* Brent crude oil fell for a second day on Tuesday over concerns about lower demand in a well-supplied market and as the United States and Europe grappled
with fragile economies.
* World stocks fell on Tuesday, extending losses as U.S. stocks reversed gains on worries that the United States could fall back into recession due to looming spending cuts and tax rises if Congress does not act, and the euro weakened as
Greece faced delays in winning more aid.
* U.S. natural gas hit a near one-year high on Tuesday, stoked by colder weather in the eastern part of the country which relies on gas heat, and palladium also rallied on fears of a supply deficit.
> China turns to machines as farmers seek fresh fields
> Canada sees no link between Viterra, Nexen Chinese
> Argentine floods breed weeds but delay soy seeding
> Vietnam's soybean imports to rise on firm demand - Oil World
India to buy more palm oil as edible oil imports rise -Oil World - Reuters
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)