X Close

Archives

Tuesday May 10, 2011

Bukit Botak settlers to get keys to semi-Ds by June next year

THE settlers of Bukit Botak in Selayang will be given the keys to their homes by June 20 next year.

The Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) is building about 2,300 homes on a 55ha site costing RM79mil.

The project, which started early this year, will have 1,422 semi-detached houses and the rest apartments and shoplots.

Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim said the state received queries on the progress of the project and thus wanted to update the house owners.

Checking it out: Some of the settlers having a look at their new semi-detached houses in Bukit Botak.

“This 25-year-old problem of resettlement of Bukit Botak settlers has now been solved. The settlers now have new homes and they can buy the semi-detached houses at RM99,000.

“If they do not want the houses, PKNS would buy the houses from them at RM170,000 where they could get a RM71,000 profit,’’ said Khalid, who visited the site to check on the progress of the houses.

Khalid said the PKNS had to build additional units when the Gombak Land Office found that some settlers were left out of the original list.

“These additional settlers were offered low-cost apartments at RM42,000 instead of a semi-detached house.

“We want to be transparent to all the settlers. My advice to them is to stay at this place as they would not be able to get a house like this for RM99,000 in other areas.

“If the residents prefer to rename the housing estate, the state government will consider the request,’’ he said.

The Star highlighted the Bukit Botak resettlement problem on May 8, 2009.

The resettlement scheme started in 1985 when large tracts of land were pledged to the original squatters.

It was revealed that out of the 1,364 settlers to be allocated lots, 81 were below 18 years old.

Hundreds of names of eligible settlers in the Bukit Botak resettlement project were deleted and replaced with other people, some of whom are now only in their 20s.

There were also claims that grassroots politicians and outsiders were given lots.

However, all the 1,422 lots were adjusted accordingly, after the Gombak Land Office staff interviewed the settlers last year and rectified the issue.

advertisement

  1. Johor man first person in Asia to succumb to MERS
  2. High time for the leaders to act
  3. I am Sabahan - and that is that
  4. Water tunnel to function soon
  5. AirAsia to move to KLIA2 by May 9
  6. AirAsia Group says will move into KLIA2 by May 9 (Update)
  7. India's highest court recognises transgenders as 'third gender'
  8. MH370 search: Remark on solving mystery in one second illogical, says Najib
  9. Crane falls off 11-storey building, killing operator
  10. Burst pipe along Jalan Universiti sparks anger

advertisement

advertisement