THE HAGUE: The remains of two more Malaysian victims have been identified by the Netherlands authorities, bringing to 26 the number of Malaysians identified in the Flight MH17 tragedy.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong said this latest development had been relayed by the Netherlands government to the Malaysian Embassy and Malaysia Airlines.
“I was informed of the matter in a meeting with our ambassador to the Netherlands Datuk Dr Fauziah Mohamad Taib and MAS services operation vice-president Datuk Baharom Mohd Yatim on Saturday.”
“The families have also been informed.
“The documentation process is being carried out and will be completed before funeral arrangements are carried out,” he said.
“Also, both the governments are working to ensure the remains of the two victims can be sent back quickly,” he told Bernama.
Dr Wee said all ashes and remains of those already identified would be collected on Thursday and sent back to Kuala Lumpur.
Discussions are being held with the Dutch government to ensure all standard operating procedures and documentation are done correctly.
In Kuala Lumpur, Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said some Malaysian victims have not been found or have yet to be recovered from the crash site in Donetsk. — Bernama
MH17: Families of identified victims find solace while others wait on
Remains of 21 victims to be flown home by Friday
Be as one on day of mourning, Malaysians urged