BUKIT MERTAJAM: Two men, believed to be in their 30s, were found motionless inside a car at a petrol station at the Juru R&R here.
Customers at the petrol station who saw the two men 'sleeping' in the car with its engine running alerted the staff there at 7.30pm Friday.
They then contacted the police after they failed to wake the duo up.
It was believed that the duo suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Penang police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Wira Abdul Rahim Hanafi said Saturday that the case has been classified as sudden death after foul play was ruled out.
He added that one man was from Kedah while the other was from Malacca.
Both bodies were sent to the Seberang Jaya Hospital for a post mortem.