PETALING JAYA: Former Selangor DAP executive councillor Ronnie Liu has criticised Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim over his handling of the Klang Third Bridge.
The former Pandamaran assemblyman took to Facebook to hit out at the bridge project, which was launched in early March 2008 but finally took off after a “third ground-breaking” ceremony on Wednesday.
“I was delighted to hear that the bridge would cost less than RM200mil.
“However, the project is only to build the bridge without the connecting road system,” he said.
He questioned Khalid’s wisdom in separating the project into two phases as he said this weakened the state’s “bargaining power” for the project.
“Even if the bridge is completed, it would be of no use without the connecting road system to help ease traffic congestion,” he added.
In the Facebook posting, Liu also stated that of the 23 companies that had bid for the project, the one awarded was involved in a legal suit over the collapse of the second Penang Bridge connecting ramp in June last year, which killed a former policeman and wounded two others.
“What’s going on, Khalid?” he asked.
Selangor MB refuses to attend today’s disciplinary hearing
PAS postpones discussion on MB’s position
Legal experts have differing views on his status as Selangor MB
Syura council’s decision on Khalid puts PAS leaders in a bind
Liow: Barisan and MCA ready for snap polls
MCA: Lim should provide evidence, not threaten legal action