KUALA LUMPUR: Indonesians without documents to return to their homeland should not worry about using the return-home service provided by the Malaysian Government.
Indonesian deputy ambassador to Malaysia Hermono said a report had stated that Indonesians who did not have valid travel documents were doubtful about using the service for fear they would be blacklisted.
“The authorities need to cooperate on how to find solutions for them to come back again to work,” he said on the Khabar Merah Putih programme by Bernama Radio 24 here yesterday.
He said the Malaysian Home Ministry had appointed IMAN Resources Sdn Bhd as a one-stop centre from Aug 31 last year.
“This method is safer than taking risks that saw two boat tragedies in Muara Kuala Sungai Langat, Pulau Carey and in Beacon Api Gila, Sepang,” he said. — Bernama