KUALA LUMPUR: Police are looking for a group of men who allegedly provoked and attacked media personnel during the Anti-GST rally recently.
City CID Chief Senior Asst Gan Kong Meng said since police released their photographs to the media last week, no one had come forward.
“We are now tracing their identities and will bring them in to help with investigations,” he said when contacted yesterday.
It was reported on May 15 that police released the pictures of 11 men in connection with the attack on media photographers and videographers during the Anti-GST rally recently.
Following investigations, a group of about 20 to 30 people dressed in black entered the gathering point and began provoking the media personnel at around 5pm.
The group attacked two media personnel from Oriental Daily and The Malaysia Reserve.
The case is being investigated as rioting under Section 147 of the Penal Code which carries two years jail or a fine or both upon conviction.
Those involved or who have information on the incident to contact the police hotline at 03-2115 9999 or investigating officer Asst Supt Ananthan Rajoo at 03-2697 7099.