X Close


Thursday, 24 April 2014

Couple die after taking poison

Together in death: Pow and Kong died on the way to hospital.

Together in death: Pow and Kong died on the way to hospital.

MUAR: A couple died after both were suspected of consuming poison at their home in Bukit Gambir near here.

Ledang district police chief Supt Mohd Salleh Razak said they rushed to the couple’s single-storey house in Jalan Poi Ai after receiving a tip-off at about 10am yesterday.

“We found them unconscious,” he said.

Contractor Pow Kim Chuan, 49, and his wife Kong Yeng Peng, 45, died on the way to the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital here.

“We believe they had a heated argument earlier,” he said, adding that the couple’s two daughters, aged 20 and 25, and their 18-year-old son were not at home.

“We have classified the case as sudden death and are still waiting for the post-mortem report.”

Neighbours interviewed by the police said they did not hear any noise or commotion coming from the house.

Several neighbours met by the media said the couple were “good and friendly” and did not seem to have financial or any other pro­blems.

“The family has stayed here for 10 years and being a close-knit neighbourhood people here know each other,” said a woman, who declined to be named.

Tags / Keywords: Courts Crime , poison , domestic squabbles , Ledang OCPD , couple , neighbours


Most Viewed

Powered by