Enforcement officers visiting the childcare centre in Taman Abad, Johor Baru.
JOHOR BARU: The owner of the childcare centre under investigation over reports of sexual and physical abuse has refuted the allegations.
The woman, who declined to be identified, said she was dumbfounded over the claims made by her former employee M. Letchumy and two of the children.
“I love all the children at the centre. Maybe, Letchumy has some misunderstanding or unhappiness towards me, which led to her action,” she said.
She said the children could have also been influenced into making the allegations.
The owner said she did not want to get into an argument over the accusations and would leave it to the police to probe.
“Let the police investigate all the claims. I just want what is best for the welfare of the children,” she said.
When asked why the centre did not have a licence to operate, she said that she had applied for a permit but the local council held it after she moved the centre from Taman Melodies to Taman Abad.
Apparently, medical reports related to the case had been handed over to the police on Sunday.
Johor police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said that the police were taking the case seriously and were investigating the reports.
“We hope to tie up investigations as soon as possible,” he said.
MBJB bans centre's activities for a month