PETALING JAYA: Health Minister Datuk Dr Seri S Subramaniam has confirmed that there was an ongoing probe into medical support service company Radicare over alleged poor service, but urged people to not "emotionalise" the issue.
"Certainly, there are contractual responsibilities they have and we will see if there are any lapses. If any, there are punishments outlined in the contract itself allowing us to take action.
"But we cannot point fingers and accuse them without looking into the matter," he said.
When asked if this meant an investigation was taking place, he said "yes".
He said it was unfair to blame the Sungai Buloh Hospital operation theatre issue solely on Radicare, as the fault lay with an electrical fire that had damaged the hospital's Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
"What matters is how quickly the issue is addressed. For example, Radicare immediately rectified the rubbish problem," he said before attending a Ponggal celebration at SJK (C) Sungai Way, here, on Saturday.
He added that operating theatres in Sungai Buloh Hospital would be up and running in ten days' time, despite hospital officials saying on Friday that it would take three weeks.
Twelve of Sungai Buloh Hospital's 22 operating theatres have been out of order since Thursday last week due to a small fire.
Radicare services several government hospitals, and has been under contract by the Health Ministry since 1997.