Champs again: A proud moment for the SMK Seberang Jaya trio (from left) Nur Amirah, Muhammad Akif and Syazwani after they are crowned champs for the fifth straight year in the Penang Inter-School's Inter-team event.
IT IS a ‘high five’ for SMK Seberang Jaya with their latest achievement of coming out tops in the Penang Inter-Schools Inter-Team Bowling championship.
For the fifth consecutive year, the lads have managed to display their bowling prowess, rolling their way to honours for a record five times since first picking up their inaugural crown in 2010.
They shrugged aside rivals SMK Bukit Jambul and SK Pauh Jaya, just as they did last year, to dominate this year’s Penang schools bowling championship that ended at the Penang Bowl last Saturday.
SMK Seberang Jaya teacher-in-charge of bowling Salmiah Ismail had nothing but praise for her bowlers.
“Our school can indeed stand proud with the results we have been producing the last five years and it was the Azman siblings in Nur Amirah Auni and Muhammad Akif Afif, who have been playing pivotal roles in our success,” Salmiah said after the prize presentation.
“With the contribution of Syazwani Mohamed Annuar, we have been able to walk tall each time we take to the lanes.
“That is not only encouraging, but their near perfect performances often reduce our rivals SMK Bukit Jambul and SK Pauh Jaya into a chasing pack.”
The performances of the SMK Seberang Jaya trio however are not a big surprise as they are the same team that represented Penang in the Malaysia Games in
Led by Nur Amirah, who is a national youth bowler, the trio knocked down 1,731 pins.
SMK Bukit Jambul, beaten by 158 pins, however can take comfort that they completed their quest better then their bronze medal last year.
The trio of Ainaa Alyaa Zulamri, Alyaa Addini Zulamri and Muhammad Syauqi Shamsul Rijal produced 1,573 pins, enough for them to beat SK Pauh Jaya to the silver.
SK Pauh Jaya team comprising the youngest of the Azman siblings, 11-year-old Muhammad Hariz Adlan, Dhia Izz Hail and Darwisy Aqil came in third with 1,546 pins, 27 pins behind SMK Bukit Jambul.
1. SMK Seberang Jaya: 1,731 pins (Syazwani Mohd Annuar (579 pins), Nur Amirah Auni Azman (565 pins), Muhammad Akif Afif Azman (587 pins)..
2. SMK Bukit Jambul 1,573 pins (Ainaa Alyaa Zulamri (528 pins) Alyaa Addini Zulamri (572 pins), Muhammad Syauqi Shamsul Rijal (473 pins).
3. SK Pauh Jaya 1,546 pins (Dhia Izz Hail Abdul Razak (437 pins), Darwisy Aqil Abdul Razak (530 pins), Muhammad Hariz Adlan Azman (579 pins).
4. SMK Perai 1,429 pins (Dennis Gan Chin Keat (538 pins), Tan Synn Jian (463 pins), Lau Titt Seng (428 pins).
5. SMJK Chung Hwa Confucian 1,394 pins (Lim Guo Wei (297 pins), Chong Eu Gene (529 pins), Kelvin Tan Chun Shin (568 pins).