RESIDENTS living near the PKNS field in Kelana Jaya are puzzled by the mystery of a notice board on the proposed development of the almost 7ha field.
They say the board was spotted on Jan 3 but removed a week later.
They claim the notice board contained details of a proposed shopping centre and several blocks of a multi-storey luxury apartment and office space development.
However, the notice board was removed by council officers on Jan 10, claim the residents.
Save the People’s Padang action group chairman Datuk Zul Mukhsar Md Shaari in a statement said the group was worried about the latest incident.
“The state had previously rejected a proposed project at the same field.
“The new notice board appeared soon after the termination of the service of the Petaling Jaya councillors.
“We feel that irresponsible acts are taking place while the local councils are without councillors,” said Zul Mukhsar.
The action group urged the state government and Petaling Jaya mayor Datin Paduka Alinah Ahmad to look into the matter and take action.
They also want the Mentri Besar to quickly appoint new councillors.
A functioning local government would be able to prevent any abuse of power as exemplified by this incident, said Zul Mukhsar.
“We urge the Mentri Besar as chairman of PKNS, to cancel the PKNS complex project because it clearly contradicts the will of the people.
“The Selangor Appeals Board has rejected the development in the past.
“It is therefore incumbent upon the Mentri Besar to revoke any new agreements,” he added.
The group intended MBPJ to lodge a report on this case.
Deputy mayor Puasa Md Taib said the council did not receive any new application to develop the field.
“We are puzzled as to why there was a notice board there because there is no application to develop the field,” said Puasa.
SS7 neighbourhood action committee member Esham Salam also claimed the board was removed on Jan 10.