Home > Travel > Malaysia
Monday March 24, 2014 MYT 6:00:00 AM
Wednesday March 19, 2014 MYT 1:25:09 PM
Baia do Sancho beach in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil took the top stop in best beaches of the world list. - Photo from TripAdvisor
A travel site recently revealed the world’s best beaches.
TRIPADVISOR has announced the winner of its Travellers’ Choice awards for beach destinations. The awards recognise over 322 beaches in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, South American, the South Pacific and the United States.
“For those planning their next holiday destination by the sand and sea, these award-winning beaches serve as inspiration,” said Tripadvisor chief marketing officer Barbara Messing.
Travellers’ Choice Beaches winners were determined based on the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches gathered on the travel sit over a period of 12 months.
Below are the lists of winning beaches within the categories of Asia and World. For the complete list of winners, go to www.tripadvisor.com.my/TravellersChoice-Beaches.
Top 10 Beaches in Asia:
1. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
2. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, India
3. Agonda Beach, Agonda, India
4. Secret Lagoon Beach, El Nido, Philippines
5. Nai Harn Beach, Karon, Thailand
6. Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach), Boracay, Philippines
7. Railay Beach, Thailand
8. Yalong Bay, Sanya, China
9. Cavelossim Beach, Cavelossim, India
10. Phra Nang Beach, Krabi, Thailand
Top 10 Beaches in the World:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Tags / Keywords:
Travel, Lifestyle, travel, Travellers' Choice Awards, beach, destination, TripAdvisor
10 top snorkelling attractions
Beach please: Unique ones
Aquaria KLCC among top in Asia
TripAdvisor reveals Asia’s top restaurants for local cuisines
TripAdvisor’s app offline surprise
Lady Antebellum has some fun, Colbie Caillat expands her musical horizon, Jackie Evancho is still on top form.
Wrestler John Cena hopes acting will help WWE gain more fans
How to survive an Ebola apocalypse: Doomsday preppers head for the hills
Greek tomb linked to Alexander The Great yielding its treasures
Mesmerising Northern Territory – its parks and indigenous culture
Malala Yousafzai: 'No child anywhere in this world should be deprived of education'
Hiking haven: The Ricketts Glen State Park in northeastern Pennsylvania
Hon Hai says reviewing investments after media reports on US$5.7bil China plant
Players weigh in on Bishop-Poulter spat
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)