Home > Sport > Tennis
Thursday May 1, 2014 MYT 3:06:00 PM
Friday May 2, 2014 MYT 7:50:43 AM
2013 Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli from France has ruled out a comeback to tennis. - EPA
LONDON (AFP): Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli will play the Liverpool grasscourt exhibition event in June but insists she has no plans to make a full-time comeback to the sport.
The 29-year-old Frenchwoman, who was a shock champion at Wimbledon last year, quit the sport just a month after, blaming the toll the tour was taking.
Despite agreeing to sign up for the pre-Wimbledon exhibition event to be staged at Liverpool University from June 19-22, Bartoli said it would be a one-off appearance.
When asked about a full-time comeback, Bartoli told the British Press Association: "It's not going to happen."!
She added: "Tennis is still my passion but I have other passions and they take a lot of work and dedication. I'm going to be 30 years old later this year and my body is extremely tired.
"I never had a feeling of maybe I didn't make the right decision. I'm moving on with my life. When I think about my tennis career it brings me pure happiness and pride but I don't feel I'm missing out."
Tags / Keywords:
Marion Bartoli, Wimbledon, Liverpool University
Giant-killer Kyrgios spurred by M'sian-born mum's doubts
Giant-killer Kyrgios spurred by Malaysian mum's doubts
Andy Murray's greatest title 'win'
Wimbledon champ Andy Murray to be guest editor for 'The Beano'
Bartoli signs up for US Open as TV pundit
Elizaveta fancies going all the way in Malaysian Open
Djokovic close to scaling tennis's Everest - Agassi
Lisicki to play in Malaysian Open as tournament hit with withdrawals
Agassi says would be happy for Serena if she usurps wife
Witthoeft going great guns in Malaysian Open tennis
Berger so close to remarkable rookie win
#TheSoundOfMusic50: These are a few of our favourite scenes
Forensics show Argentine prosecutor was murdered -family
Korea’s fabulous mountains
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)