Home > Sport > Tennis
Thursday March 20, 2014 MYT 9:37:00 AM
Thursday March 20, 2014 MYT 2:58:02 PM
Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina withdraws from the Sony Open due to a nagging wrist injury. — AFP
MIAMI (Reuters) - World number eight Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the Sony Open due to a nagging wrist injury, the ATP Tour said on Wednesday.
The injury also forced the 25-year-old Argentine to pull out of the BNP Paribas Open two weeks ago at Indian Wells.
In six visits to the Miami event, Del Potro had reached the fourth round three times and the semi-finals in 2009 the same year he claimed his only grand slam title at the U.S. Open.
Del Potro claimed his 18th career title in Sydney but has won just three matches since and withdrawn from his last three events.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Miami; Editing by Ian Ransom)
Under radar Wawrinka happy to discuss the F-word
Murray and Dimitrov book grand slam re-match
Sweet revenge for Murray as old guard hold firm
Today is a day to be happy, says encouraged Nadal
Djokovic, Serena rush through at Melbourne Park
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Lock-in child tracker meets fundraising goal
Two protesters killed on anniversary of Egypt uprising as tension grows
MATTA fair to feature more local packages after favourable reception last year
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)