Home > Sport > Other Sports
Wednesday April 24, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Friday April 26, 2013 MYT 12:42:35 AM
by lim teik huat
PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s leading international racing ace Jazeman Jaafar is looking forward to another highly competitive round of the Formula Renault 3.5 series (FR3.5) at the Motorland Aragon Circuit in Spain this weekend.
Jazeman, a Petronas Talent Programme driver, is in 10th position in the drivers’ championship after the first two races and looking for a strong showing to improve his position.
“I’m going to Aragon with the confidence of having enjoyed a good start to my Formula Renault 3.5 campaign at Monza earlier this month,”said the 20-year-old.
“Although I’ve not raced at the track, I have tested there this season, so I’m familiar with it. We’ll have an extra practice session on Thursday as a replacement for a test day we lost to snow ... so, I’ll be well acclimatised for the start of the racing on Saturday.
“I’m hoping to continue with the consistency and race pace from Monza and work with my experienced Carlin team to produce the results we’re aiming for,” added Jazeman, who is looking forward to his first mandatory pitstops.
“As well as the first time racing at Aragon, it will also be my first time experiencing mandatory pitstops. But we’ve been practising these, so I’m feeling quite positive and excited for this extra challenge.
“The first races at Monza were everything I had expected. It was very competitive racing throughout the whole race distance, which required a very high level of concentration and focus for a longer period than I’ve experienced as these races are longer than the previous series I’ve raced in.
“It’s great to get more mileage per race and push yourself harder ... it adds to the challenge.”
Each race on Saturday and Sunday will be 45 minutes long.
Tags / Keywords:
Others, Sport, Sport, motorsport, jazeman, spain
Great excitement in store for bike fans
Jazeman struggles in fifth round of Renault series
Unity event a big success
Invasion of the Spartans
Reds’ statement of intent
Pyeongchang focused on test events, says IOC
Games officials meet for 2022 vote as Boston withdraws
Activists urge IOC not to award 2022 Games to Beijing
IOC President: The youth are the Olympic future
Shaken Fanning not giving up on surfing despite shark attack
U.S. drops Boston's embattled bid to host 2024 Olympic Games
Can Samsung push wireless charging further into the mainstream?
Schools’ club members raring to serve community
Media gathers at PM’s Office
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)