Home > Sport > Other Sports
Thursday March 21, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 24, 2013 MYT 1:40:23 PM
KUALA LUMPUR: Rising Formula One star Nico Hulkenberg Thursday said he was sure a "disappointing" problem with his Sauber car had been fixed after he was forced to sit out last week's Australian Grand Prix.
Hulkenberg's first outing with the Swiss team fizzled when the German, after qualifying 11th, was not able to start the race because of a problem with his fuel tank.
The 25-year-old said he believed he could have finished in the points last Sunday. But Hulkenberg, who will start this week's Malaysian Grand Prix with a new chassis, said he was sure the problem would not resurface.
"It was pretty disappointing, obviously," he said. "The engineers had a deep look and a good analysis of what happened, both on the circuit and back in England and they understand the problem, they know what happened."
Events at Albert Park were particularly frustrating after Hulkenberg's storming end to last season, when he lead the Brazilian Grand Prix before finishing fifth, placing 11th in the final championship standings.
Tags / Keywords:
Others, Sport, Nico Hulkenberg, Formula One, sauber
Singapore GP race track intruder jailed six weeks
Briton jailed in Singapore for walking onto Formula One track
Malaysia may stage back-to-back F1 and MotoGP races next year
Race to encourage edu-tourism
F1: Organisers say haze situation volatile but race to push through
Roma miss chance to go top as Bologna snatch point
Jaguars back in London for fourth year running in 2016
France, Brazil to share intelligence ahead of Rio Games in 2016
After Sochi build, anti-doping fix is child's play - Pound
Aaliyah comes undone at world waterski meet in Mexico
Five reasons Malaysia is a top talent destination
Air Asia free seat promotion begins today
New fix for coffee lovers
Dutch, Australian police bust huge child porn ring
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)