Home > Sport > Motorsport
Saturday March 22, 2014 MYT 1:47:00 AM
Monday March 24, 2014 MYT 5:33:05 PM
Australian Formula One driver Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull Racing gives a thumbs up on the podium after finishing second at the Australian GP in Melbourne last week. He was eventually stripped of his first podium after his car was found to have broken fuel regulations. - EPA
(Reuters) - Red Bull's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's exclusion from the season-opening Australian Grand Prix will be heard by Formula One's governing body on April 14, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said on Friday.
The date of the Paris hearing of the FIA's International Court of Appeal is the Monday before the Chinese Grand Prix, the fourth round of the season.
Ricciardo was disqualified from second place in his home race in Melbourne last Sunday after stewards ruled that the fuel flow rate in his car had not complied with the regulations.
Red Bull, world champions for the last four years, had argued that the flow meter provided by the governing body was inaccurate.
Should the disqualification be upheld, it will mean McLaren's Danish rookie Kevin Magnussen and Jenson Button are confirmed as the second and third placed finishers behind Mercedes' race winner Nico Rosberg.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ken Ferris)
Formula One says farewell to Bianchi
Mercedes need to sort out their starts
Rea looking to consolidate WSBK title at Sepang
So far, so good for Ricciardo's Hungaroring hopes
Vettel wins for Ferrari and Bianchi
Ready for another big roar
Bon Odori festival thrills crowd with folk dances and fireworks
Tech leaders warn over ‘killer robots’
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)