Home > Sport > Motorsport
Thursday March 20, 2014 MYT 9:57:37 PM
Thursday March 20, 2014 MYT 9:58:15 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One champions Red Bull have formally appealed against the disqualification of Australian Daniel Ricciardo from his home grand prix in Melbourne last weekend, the team said on Thursday.
A spokeswoman confirmed the necessary documentation had been submitted.
Ricciardo finished second in the race, his debut for Red Bull after joining from Toro Rosso, which was won by Mercedes' Nico Rosberg. He was then disqualified hours later for an illegal fuel flow rate.
Red Bull said on Sunday they intended to appeal and had until Thursday to do so. No date has been set for any hearing, with Formula One teams heading for Malaysia soon for the second race of the season next week.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Tony Jimenez)
Red Bull lose Ricciardo appeal
Red Bull appeal to be heard on April 14
Red Bull battling to be second best, says Ricciardo
FIA backs meter maker in Red Bull flow row
Red Bull hearing kicks off in Paris
Gutierrez thrown in too young, says Ferrari boss
Ferrari braced for another hard year in 2015
Vergne replaces De la Rosa as Ferrari test driver
Ferrari wield axe in structural shake-up
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
Photo Gallery: Christmas around the world
Kaligo.com opens new online hotel booking site for business travellers
Keeping traditions alive
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)