Home > Sport > Football
Wednesday July 16, 2014 MYT 8:13:55 PM
Wednesday July 16, 2014 MYT 8:14:40 PM
by tim hanlon
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona forward Cristian Tello has joined Porto on a two-year-loan deal, the La Liga club said on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old made only a handful of first team appearances last season and following the arrival of Luis Suarez from Liverpool, those chances were expected to dry up further and hence prompted the move.
“Barcelona and Porto have reached an agreement for the loan of Cristian Tello for the next two seasons with the option to buy for the Portuguese club,” the Catalan club said in a statement.
“FC Barcelona can cancel the buy option in the agreement after the first season.”
Barca missed out on the major trophies last season and the side are undergoing extensive restructuring under Luis Enrique.
So far Ivan Rakitic and keepers Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo have signed, along with Suarez. While Cesc Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez are two of those leaving in big money moves to Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.
(Reporting by Tim Hanlon, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
England need 'confrontational' approach against Japan
Hiddink steps down as Netherlands coach
Germany, U.S. set for 'very heated' World Cup semi-final
Jones extends Man United contract
Blatter decides not to attend women's World Cup final in Canada
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
Francis Yeoh donates RM4.2mil to struggling Rome opera
Power to maximise space
Channel Tunnel shut as ferry workers block French port of Calais
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)