Home > News > World
Tuesday August 26, 2014 MYT 10:15:02 PM
Tuesday August 26, 2014 MYT 10:16:02 PM
FREETOWN (Reuters) - The World Health Organization has withdrawn staff from a laboratory testing for Ebola at Kailahun in eastern Sierra Leone after one of its medical workers there was infected during the worst ever outbreak of the disease, a WHO spokesperson said.
"It's a temporary measure to take care of the welfare of our remaining workers," WHO spokesperson Christy Feig told Reuters. "After our assessment, they will return."
The WHO has sent nearly 400 people from its own staff and partner organisations to fight the outbreak in West Africa. It said on Sunday that a foreign health worker it had deployed in Sierra Leone had been infected.
(Reporting by Umaru Fofana; Writing by Daniel Flynn)
Zambia's Sata to miss 50th independence anniversary
Canada police say they were tracking man who killed a soldier
Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain
U.N. chief says moving ahead with Gaza war inquiry
Ukraine, Russia, EU energy chiefs meet to finalise gas deal
White House confirms U.S. citizen released from North Korea
Travellers claim no Ebola screening
Microsoft CEO Nadella: The US$80mil man
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)