X Close

World

Published: Sunday August 10, 2014 MYT 11:55:03 PM
Updated: Sunday August 10, 2014 MYT 11:56:32 PM

Patient in suspected Ebola case in Hong Kong tests negative

HONG KONG (Reuters) - A patient being treated in a Hong Kong hospital in the city's first suspected Ebola case has tested negative for the virus, Hong Kong's health department said on Sunday.

The 32-year-old man had travelled to Hong Kong from Nigeria, where a state of emergency has been declared over the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

The patient was put in isolation after going to a hospital earlier on Sunday as he developed diarrhoea and vomiting but no fever. He is currently in a stable condition, the health department said in a statement.

Hong Kong went on full alert for Ebola late in July.

(Reporting by Grace Li; Editing by Stephen Powell)

advertisement

Most Viewed

advertisement

advertisement