Home > News > World
Friday March 14, 2014 MYT 4:56:27 PM
Friday March 14, 2014 MYT 4:57:34 PM
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A Turkish prosecutor has completed an indictment regarding graft allegations which became public with police raids in December in which three cabinet ministers' sons were detained, a deputy chief prosecutor in Istanbul told Reuters on Friday.
Hasan Sozen said the indictment would be sent to the relevant court once it had been formally approved.
The ministers' sons and businessmen close to Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan were detained in the raids on December 17. The three ministers resigned after the raids. They have denied any wrongdoing.
Erdogan says the corruption inquiry has been orchestrated by political enemies in a bid to undermine him ahead of local elections this month and presidential polls in the summer.
(Reporting by Can Sezer; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Gareth Jones)
Russians to march in memory of murdered critic of Putin
Kurdish rebel leader in Turkey calls for disarmament congress
Prepare for war, warns Kim
Ukrainian journalist killed in shelling despite ceasefire
Malaysians abroad share how they celebrate our local festivals
8 Incredible food and wine adventures you can do in Australia!
Teach your kids good eating habits and they'll be healthy grown-ups
Thirimanne, Sangakkara score tons to thrash England
The alternative Bali
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)