Home > News > World
Wednesday February 5, 2014 MYT 11:40:10 PM
Wednesday February 5, 2014 MYT 11:41:08 PM
PANAMA CITY (Reuters) - The Panama Canal expansion project will be completed in 2015 with or without a Spanish-led consortium disputing massive cost overruns, the major global waterway's administrator said on Wednesday, as most work at the site ground to a halt.
Panama Canal Authority head Jorge Quijano said the canal had had general talks with other companies about work still pending on the expansion, but was still open to talks with the consortium led by Spain's Sacyr.
The consortium said earlier in a statement the canal authority had broken off talks on who will foot the bill to complete the ambitious multi-billion dollar project.
(Reporting by Lomi Kriel; Editing by Simon Gardner)
Greek leftists ally with right against bailout after huge election win
Greek singer Demis Roussos dies at 68
Obama, new Saudi king to discuss Yemen, Islamic State - White House
U.S. sees role for India in battle against Islamic State
Libya talks resume, U.N. plays down absence of a major player
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Djokovic fends off Muller to reach quarter-finals
Take a bus road trip around Turkey
The downside of getting a tattoo
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)