Home > News > World
Friday January 17, 2014 MYT 2:55:02 PM
Friday January 17, 2014 MYT 2:55:51 PM
JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesia issued a statement on Friday saying that it deeply regretted breaches of its territory by the Australian navy, but later withdrew the document for what it said were some corrections.
An official at the security and politcal affairs coordinating ministry did not say what was wrong with the original statement, calling it an unofficial version.
Earlier on Friday, Australia apologised for the recent incursions.
The withdrawn statement had said: "We deeply regret the occurrence of these territorial violations."
(Writing by Jonathan Thatcher; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)
Indonesia bristles over 'deplorable' Australian sea incursions
Australian navy rescues troubled boat as Indonesia, Australia talk refugees
Indonesia steps up threats in Australia row
Australia says to restore intelligence and military cooperation with Indonesia
Indonesia's envoy to Australia to return this month as tensions ease
Iran honours nuclear deal with powers, IAEA report shows
Russian prosecutors want 10 years in jail for Kremlin foe Navalny
China arrests American Christian aid worker near North Korean border
Man rams car into headquarters of Spain's ruling party
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
Rise of the car-sharing apps poses threat to auto sector
A night to remember for ABBA fans
Johannesburg – Africa’s most visited city
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)