Home > News > Regional
Wednesday September 3, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday September 3, 2014 MYT 7:12:22 AM
TOKYO: A worsening outbreak of dengue fever in Japan has claimed its first celebrities – two young models sent on assignment to the Tokyo park believed to be its source.
The details emerged as the government said yesterday that at least 34 people had since caught the disease, which has not been seen in Japan for seven decades apart from cases contracted overseas.
The two women – Saaya, 20, and Eri Aoki, 25 – were sent to Yoyogi Park last month for the Saturday variety show on which they appear, the Nikkan Sports said.
A few days later, both came down with a temperature.
Saaya, whose swimsuit pictures have made her a favourite in the Japanese Playboy, blogged about her high fever last Wednesday before news of the dengue outbreak spread. — AFP
Tags / Keywords:
dengue fever, Japan, dengue
Tricky game of cup and ball
More Chinese tourists flocking to Japan
New insecticide cuts down dengue cases
Cramped quarters raise risk
National U-23 football coach faces striking problems
China 'seriously concerned' by Philippine's building in South China Sea
The Star named top English daily
Coalition, Iraqi planes target IS militants in Tikrit presidential compound
Nestlé rewards consumers with biggest promotion ever
The great South Australian adventure
Living away from Malaysia can trigger a lot of different longings
Xavi agent declines comment on Al Sadd deal reports
Rundown sentinels of roads’ colonial past
Forbes Travel Guide expanding coverage to Brazil and Latin America
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)