Home > News > Regional
Wednesday April 23, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 23, 2014 MYT 6:59:47 AM
NO permit application has been received for a planned Philippine Independence Day celebration on June 8, the police said.
In a statement, the police said the event organisers have not shared any plans related to the event with the authorities either as of 10am yesterday.
The Pilipino Independence Day Council Singapore (PIDCS) is in charge of organising the celebration, which it plans to hold at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza.
Organisers withdrew a Facebook post about the celebration last week after it received hundreds of comments protesting against the event, but have said they plan to go ahead with the festivities if they get approval from the authorities.
Police reminded all organisers of public events that under the Public Order Act, a permit is generally required to hold any public assembly or conduct any public procession regardless of the number of participants. — The Straits Times / Asia News Network
Tags / Keywords:
Filipinos drop independence celebration plan after abuse
Singapore doubles riot police after guest worker fracas
Singapore police probe 'unnatural' death of American CEO of bitcoin trader
Foreigners to pay more to enter Singapore
Singapore supermarket tycoon's mom freed from kidnappers
China to pitch high-speed trains to California
Liow to talk with US officials over aviation security
Reports: Boxing legend Muhammad Ali critically ill
Sabah cops launch search for missing Italian financial exec
Indonesian president ponders some cabinet picks on anti-graft concern
Let's get our act together, Najib tells Muslim world
Checked baggage not free on Air Canada
Amazon says strikes deal with Simon & Schuster on e-book prices
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)