Home > News > Regional
Saturday March 1, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Saturday March 1, 2014 MYT 7:15:58 AM
THE licensee of a restaurant that was linked to five cases of food poisoning was fined S$20,000 (RM51,781) for selling food that was unfit for consumption.
BCH Hotel Investment, the licensee of Man Fu Yuan Restaurant, pleaded guilty last week to five charges of providing food at five events at Hotel InterContinental, which resulted in more than 400 guests falling ill.
The offences occurred between Dec 26 and Dec 30, 2012.
The court heard numerous individuals had developed symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea after attending a wedding banquet dinner at the Middle Road hotel on Dec 26 last year. There were also other reports of individuals developing similar symptoms after attending functions at the hotel.
Investigations revealed that the outbreak was linked to contaminated food, plates and glasses provided by Man Fu Yuan Restaurant. — The Straits Times / Asia News Network
Tags / Keywords:
900 pupils hit by suspected food poisoning in Japan
Over 1,000 ill as Japan tainted food scandal widens
Japan mis-labelling scandal spreads to luxury food
Chinese tourists in Nepal died of gas poisoning
SMRT fined RM4mil over service disruptions
Ex-tour guide’s legal powers over widow’s assets revoked
India girl dies after being set on fire for resisting molestation
Tibetan mega-dam begins operation
Hong Kong police remove more Mongkok barricades
Colourful war of words plays out on Gaza’s battered walls
Hong Kong police clear protest camp after clashes
The Star Business Awards 2014 acknowledges deserving winners in SME industry
TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice All-Inclusive Resorts
Amazon to offer handymen: report
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)