Home > News > Regional
Saturday March 1, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Saturday March 1, 2014 MYT 7:15:58 AM
THE licensee of a restaurant that was linked to five cases of food poisoning was fined S$20,000 (RM51,781) for selling food that was unfit for consumption.
BCH Hotel Investment, the licensee of Man Fu Yuan Restaurant, pleaded guilty last week to five charges of providing food at five events at Hotel InterContinental, which resulted in more than 400 guests falling ill.
The offences occurred between Dec 26 and Dec 30, 2012.
The court heard numerous individuals had developed symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea after attending a wedding banquet dinner at the Middle Road hotel on Dec 26 last year. There were also other reports of individuals developing similar symptoms after attending functions at the hotel.
Investigations revealed that the outbreak was linked to contaminated food, plates and glasses provided by Man Fu Yuan Restaurant. — The Straits Times / Asia News Network
Tags / Keywords:
Two more jailed for Little India riots
Japan, Australia talk closer military ties and submarines
Reaching out to pioneers with 'getai'
23 Singaporeans hit by measles outbreak in the Philippines
Minister: Effective policies better than courting popularity
Australian mother abandons children to join IS
Hundreds gather in Nepal capital to mark one month since quake
China to project its military further and stronger
Fire at China nursing home kills 38
Man pleads guilty to helping Singapore match-fixer get second forged passport
Tiger ‘unintentionally’ mauled abbot at controversial Thai temple: Doctor
Soderling hoping Nadal will lose at French Open
Skype summoned to Belgian court over failure to share call data
Firm sponsors 50 power banks for lucky draw
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)