Home > News > Nation
Wednesday September 3, 2014 MYT 9:48:00 PM
Wednesday September 3, 2014 MYT 11:02:27 PM
PETALING JAYA: PKR has retracted a statement claiming that the Selangor Palace did not reject party president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail’s candidacy as Mentri Besar 20 minutes after issuing it.
PKR secretary-general Datuk Saifuddin Nasution Ismail had sent out a statement at 9.30pm Wednesday only to contact the media later that this had been retracted.
When contacted, Saifuddin said the statement was retracted because “certain information” in the release needed to be changed and that a fresh statement would only be sent out Thursday.
In SMSes and e-mails to the various media, party communications director Fahmi Fadzil had reminded them not to publish the cancelled statement.
The original statement by PKR was supposed to be in response to a letter from the Selangor Palace reminding the party to submit more than two names for the Sultan to consider as Mentri Besar.
It had also thanked the Palace for acknowledging that it had received a letter dated Sept 1 nominating Dr Wan Azizah as a sole Mentri Besar candidate.
Saifuddin had said that based on his understanding of the letter by the palace, there was no rejection of Dr Wan Azizah’s candidacy.
PKR also noted the palace’s reminder that more than two names be submitted for consideration.
Tags / Keywords:
politics, Selangor, Mentri Besar, crisis, khalid Ibrahim, Saifuddin Nasution
Tsunami miracle baby 10 years on
Penang Perkasa lodges 25 police reports against Guan Eng for 'Allah' comments
China-Malaysia ties at its best now
Grads stumped at interviews
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: The long wait (Updated)
Biggest sporting flops of 2014
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)