Home > News > Nation
Sunday August 17, 2014 MYT 8:20:00 PM
Sunday August 17, 2014 MYT 9:01:51 PM
by razak ahmad AND martin carvalho
Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail
PETALING JAYA: Pakatan Rakyat will propose Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail as the sole Selangor Mentri Besar candidate, after Mohamed Azmin Ali declined to be nominated in line with the party stand.
The announcement was made by Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim following Pakatan's presidential council meeting on Sunday.
He said that the decision was reached by way of consensus although PAS had earlier proposed PKR deputy president Azmin as the second candidate for the post.
"With this, Pakatan will go ahead with the process of proposing Wan Azizah as the MB," Anwar told reporters at a press conference here Sunday.
Azmin said that he agreed that Dr Wan Azizah be named as the sole Selangor MB candidate.
"We must all work to save Pakatan in Selangor... As the PKR deputy president, I adhere to my party's decision to nominate Dr Wan Azizah, which is as per the statutory declarations that have been presented to the Palace, " said Azmin.
Also present at the meeting were DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng and PAS deputy president Mat Sabu.
Tags / Keywords:
Politics, Selangor, Mentri Besar, Pakatan Rakyat, Azmin Ali, Khalid Ibrahim, Dr Wan Azizah
Selangor MB crisis: Azmin Ali 'pleasantly surprised' at being named as second candidate by PAS
Pakatan backs Wan Azizah
PKR backs Wan Azizah for Selangor MB post
Go see your mum, Wan Azizah tells Azmin
Selangor MB crisis: Selangor PAS forwards report to central leadership over renegade assemblymen
After travelling 11,000km seniors fail to get visa into Saudi Arabia
Muhdalena who escaped after giving birth caught 211km away
Facebook puppy love turns deadly
Turkish diplomat's car stolen from petrol station
Marine cops foil smuggling bid, seize RM1.4 worth of illegal cigarettes
Former resort worker to hang for killing manager
The 'Phantom Of The Opera' is there ... on your telly
New Moto G phone roars into stores
Ebola death toll tops 4,900 out of more than 10,000 cases - WHO
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)