Home > News > Nation
Saturday August 16, 2014 MYT 5:45:00 PM
Saturday August 16, 2014 MYT 5:47:52 PM
PONTIAN: The Government will continue with the search for missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 although the whole country was focused on the MH17 crash tragedy, said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
He said that even though the world was paying attention to Malaysia following the shooting down of MH17 in Ukraine last month, it did not mean that the search for flight MH370 would be stopped.
In fact, Hishammuddin said, he would be going to Australia at the end of the month to ensure that the search mission for MH370 proceeded smoothly.
“I’m still waiting for confirmation from the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) on the latest position of the ships KD Mutiara and Bunga Mas 5 before leaving for Perth,” he said after opening the 2014 Delegates Meeting of the Tanjong Piai Umno division, here Saturday.
Tags / Keywords:
MH370, MAS, Malaysia Airlines, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur
MH370: Plane part arrives at France laboratory
Aussies vow MH17 prosecution push
MH370 investigators to first meet French authorities, says Aziz
MH370: US body to help probe wreckage found on Reunion Island
MH370: France assures Malaysia of full support during investigations
Stop the hate in Haiti
Nazir posts picture of 'last supper'
Mukhriz philosophical over recent line-up changes
Muhyiddin: I will not keep silent
Muhyiddin: I’ve no intention of toppling Government
‘Metallic debris’ found on Reunion Island
Google distributes new version of Glass designed for professionals
Malaysian swimmers tanked at world championships
Act fast to resolve business issues: ACCCIM
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)